Monday, April 18, 2011

Singapore Tourist Tax Refund





Not all Singapore tourists know this. Not even my mom who is living in Singapore for 20 years now, knew about it. Well, I wasn’t able to get my own tax refund and I don’t want that to happen to you. It was my friend who works in sg told me about the refund thingy, but too late because I don’t have GST forms duly signed by the retailer when I went to the GST counter. (The only thing I accomplished is that I asked permission to take a photo on their counter.)
FYI, there is a 7% tax refund on goods purchased in Singapore during your vacation as long as you complete the requirements needed. These goods include electronic devices, high tech gadgets, photography equipment, clothes and apparel, etc. There is a minimum amount of 100 SGD per receipt. Only tourists are eligible for this, and those who have not exercised employment in Singapore during the past 12 months. Just make sure you are shopping on a Premier Tax Free affiliated retail outlet. And then ask for your Premier Tax Free GST refund forms. Bear in mind to keep the sales invoice because you will need that as supporting document. Note that you can only claim the refund on your departure date. Just go to the GST Refund counter at the Changi Airport Terminals I and II.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your insights. It is very informative and helpful. I might use this as inspiration for my projects. Keep it up! I’m looking forward to your updates.

    Small Business Tax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...